October 23, 2020
Uncategorized

Marc Jacobs: The Show Will Go On

Marc Jacobs is not leaving his company. He is having a show in September.
The man whose public fascination launches more rumors than Helen’s face launched ships told WWD definitively that “there is no truth” to speculation that he may exit his company, or that his spring 2018 show, on the New Work Fashion Week calendar for Sept. 13 at 6 p.m., will be canceled. While in the past he has shown on Thursday, Jacobs moved his show up by a day to facilitate tightening the NYFW schedule.
“We’re all hard at work on the collection and the preparation for our show in September,” Jacobs said. “That’s really all I have to say on that.”
Jacobs acknowledged that the rumors are “upsetting and stressful” to his staff. “I have been in the office every day, night and weekend working away on the collection/show. I don’t know what else to say or do but carry on working as usual.”
To that end, stylist Katie Grand was in town for a few days of consultation earlier in the summer, and is scheduled to return at the end of August.
Jacobs, one of fashion’s most ardent creators, has become known as one of its most vivacious showmen as

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More…